International Alliance for Women in Music
The Annual Concert recognizes the accomplishments of IAWM member composers and performers and increases the awareness of the musical contributions of women globally. Submissions begin March 15, 2023
Call for Works: Annual Concert 2023
TWO CONCERT OPPORTUNITIES
Lilith Ensemble & Friends, November 4, 2023, 7:30 pm CET
Royal Conseratorie of Antwerp, Belgium
LunART Chamber Music Collective, September 30, 2023, 7:30pm CDT
Arts & Literature Laboratory, Madison Wisconsin, USA
NEW FOR 2023: Composers and Performers are welcome to apply!
Composers: Flute, Clarinet, Oboe, Violin, Viola, Cello, String Bass and Piano. Submissions can be for all or any combination there of. Electronic or Electro/Acoustic works (fixed media only) are also welcome.
Performers: This call welcomes vocalists, and virtually any instrument for solo and/or in collaboration with the performers above. Performers of the above instruments are welcome to submit.
Submissions can begin March 15, 2023. Length of works should be less than 10 minutes.
- Only one (1) entry per person, composer, performer or composer/performer.
- Current membership in IAWM is required for submission (exception for staff members or students of the Antwerp Conservatoire). If membership is not current at time of submission, the work will be disqualified. To join IAWM or renew your membership, click here.
- Performer attendance (performing with the Lilith Ensemble) for the rehearsals on November 2 November 3 and performance on November 4 is required.
- Composer attendance of composers, for either concert, is preferred.
- Any texts submitted must either have express permission of the copyright holder, or are in the public domain.
- Applicants selected agree to have their works and performances streamed, photographed and archived.
By submitting to this competition, composers selected agree to have their works presented in the concert and available for streaming via the IAWM website and social media sites. This does NOT affect the composer/author ownership of copyright.
How to submit:
All composers must submit their works electronically through New Music Engine. If you do not already have a New Music Engine account, you will be required to create one.
You MUST submit a .pdf file of the score and an .mp3 sound file of the work. If a recording of a performance/reading is not available, .mp3 files of MIDI realizations are acceptable.
Our selection process is anonymous. The score may not contain any identifying information (no name, publisher, or dates, please). Please make sure no identifying data or metadata is attached to the sound files, other than the title of the piece. The name and information of the composer (author) submitted in the registration process will be shielded from judges and revealed only after final selections have been made.
Submit program notes of 100 words or less to the “Abstract” section. Please use the Abstract section to provide an English translation of any works not in English.
Deadline for receipt of materials is May 15, 2023.
Results will be announced July 1, 2023.
Questions may be addressed to the Annual Concert Chair, Eline Cote, at [email protected]
Winners of the IAWM 2021 Annual Concert Call for Scores
IAWM has selected winners of the latest Annual Concert Call for Scores. Recognizing the accomplishments of IAWM member composers and the musical contributions of women.