International Alliance for Women in Music
Thanks you for your Donation
Please check your email for your IAWM donation confirmation.
Where your support goes
With members in 28 countries and growing, IAWM increases opportunity and visibility for women in music. Welcoming to members of all genders, this forward-thinking advocacy alliance helps reshape the music industry’s landscape for greater equity and inclusion in the 21st century. IAWM members represent a diverse spectrum of creative specialization across genres within the music and your donation helps to ensure our group’s continued momentum.
IAWM’s ACTIVITIES INCLUDE:
- Advocating for the increased visibility and programming of music by women composers
- Combating discrimination against women in all genres and disciplines in music
- Demanding inclusivity for the contributions of women in all fields of music in university music curricula and textbooks
- Publishing a quarterly Journal which includes articles about the work of women in music, conference and festival reports, research, members’ news, reviews and more
- Providing and informing members of career-enhancing opportunities
- Offering competitive awards and grants for members
- An Annual Concert at diverse locations globally
- A conference convened every three years with diverse musical partners
- Networking opportunities with other musicians across the globe through our Members page
- The Radio Requests campaign promotes broadcasts of music by composers identifying as women