IAWM Annual Concert
Submission Receipt Deadline: April 10, 2016
The International Alliance for Women in Music announces its call for works for the 2016 Annual Concert.
The University of Louisiana at Lafayette has graciously agreed to host this concert on October 22, 2016. This year’s focus will be choral works, performed by the UL Lafayette Choirs. The available performing forces are as follows:
SATB (limited divisi up to SSAATTBB)
SA (limited divisi up to SSAA)
Works may be a cappella or accompanied by piano
Works for choir and 2-channel fixed media are welcomed
Works may include a single cello
Works are limited to 10 minutes or less
▪ Only one (1) entry per composer
▪ Current membership in IAWM is required for submission. If membership is not current at time of submission, the work will be disqualified. Please note that IAWM observes a calendar year membership (January 1-December 31). To join IAWM or renew your membership, please click here.
▪ Composers selected for the concert are required to attend the dress rehearsal on October 21 and performance on October 22. IAWM does not provide travel stipends.
▪ Composers submitting to this competition certify that the texts contained in the works are in public domain or are used with the express permission of the copyright holder(s).
▪ By submitting to this competition, composers selected agree to have their works presented in the concert and archived for streaming on the IAWM website and the UL-Lafayette website. This does NOT affect the composer/author ownership of copyright.
How to submit
All composers must submit their works electronically through EasyChair. If you do not already have an Easy Chair account, you will be required to create one. The link for submissions is below:
You MUST submit a .pdf file of the score and an .mp3 sound file of the work. If a recording of a performance/reading is not available, .mp3 files of MIDI realizations are acceptable.
Our selection process is anonymous. The score may not contain any identifying information (no name, publisher, or dates, please). Please make sure no identifying data or metadata is attached to the sound files, other than the title of the piece. The name and information of the composer (author) submitted in the registration process will be shielded from judges and revealed only after final selections have been made.
If your files are too large for a single submission, or if you have multiple movements, you may divide them into separate submissions (e.g., TITLE: Part I, TITLE: Part II; or Mvt. 1, Mvt. 2). Easy Chair will automatically link submissions by composer name, even though that portion remains shielded from the judges.
Submit program notes of 100 words or less to “Abstract” section. Please use the Abstract section to provide an English translation of any works not in English.
Deadline for receipt of materials is April 10, 2016.
In the unlikely event that there is not sufficient participation to ensure a large enough pool of entries, the concert committee reserves the right to cancel the competition.
Questions may be addressed to Carrie Page at email@example.com.